Terms & Conditions
- The booking confirmation you will receive is not your ticket. Tickets must be collected in one of our offices at 37-39 Forster St. or at 1. Victoria Place on Merchant’s Rd., at Galway Docks or at Rossaveel. Please allow extra time in peak season as it is extremely busy.
- Present for boarding at ferry gate 30 minutes prior to ferry departure time.
- If you’re taking the shuttle bus, we recommend you present for boarding at bus stop 90 minutes prior to ferry departure time. The bus departs from Queen St. in the City Centre.
- If you are sailing from Rossaveel, passengers are advised to allow one hour driving time from the City to the Port (we depart from Rossaveel Harbour - a port 37 kilometres west of Galway City centre).
- Extra time must be allowed for parking at the harbour (if applicable).
- We will contact you by email if there are any changes to your departure time.
- Published sailing schedules are subject to alteration without notice due to inclement weather or other conditions.
- Full refund available if sailing is cancelled due to adverse sea or weather conditions, or you can opt to travel on the next available sailing.
- No refund given if reservations are cancelled within 24 hours of departure time.
- No refund given if reservation is booked and cancelled within 24 hours of departure time.
- Refunds will not be given to groups (minimum 10 people) cancelling within 48 hours.
Free Travel Pass
- If you are over 66 years of age and you permanently live in the State, the Free Travel Scheme allows you to travel for free on certain transport services.
- If you qualify for a Free Travel Pass and you are married you may get a Free Travel Pass that allows your spouse to join you for free when you are travelling with them.
- You may be eligible to get a Free Travel Companion Pass if you are medically assessed as unfit to travel alone - this type of pass allows any one person, aged 16 or over, to accompany you for free, when you are travelling with them.
- Only the named person can use the Free Travel Pass, you cannot let another person use it.
- To travel for free you must always produce your Free Travel Pass for inspection to the ferry operator.
- You and your accompanying spouse / companion may also need to produce evidence of identity at the gangway, by producing a sample of your signature(s) and/ or photographic identification.
- A Free Travel Pass may be taken and returned to the Department of Social Protection if there are good reasons for suspecting that it is being misused.
- If you should require any further information with regard to the above you may refer to the Department of Social Protection's website www.welfare.ie or go to one of our offices where there is a copy of the full terms & conditions.
Child fares apply to children 5 to 12 years old inclusive. Children under 5 travel free but must be pre-booked by phone or in one of our offices.
Student fares apply to anyone over the age of 13 years in full time education. Valid ID is required for third level students.
We have limited space for bicycles on the ferry so we recommend that you pre-book the space with us when booking your ferry ticket. Please do not show up at the ferry terminal with a bike if it hasn’t been pre-booked. The cost for a return transfer of a bike (standard or electric) is €20.00 (€10.00 one way) from Galway City and €10 return and €5 one way from Rossaveel. Passengers carrying electric bikes must sign a waiver and remove the battery prior to boarding. Please note that bicycles can also be rented on Inis Mór with Aran Bike Hire at a cost of €20pp per day.