27th Jun 2020
COVID-19 Safety Charter
COVID-19 Safety Charter
Advanced Booking Online
- All bookings should be made online prior to your trip to comply with regulations.
- Please book your trip using our booking system. Required passenger details allow for necessary contact tracing.
- All offices and vessels are thoroughly disinfected to the highest standards. Our dedicated staff and office crew attend to this following each sailing, paying special attention to high-touch areas such as door handles, etc.
- Office staff in close contact with passengers will assist you behind plastic screens. We recommend passengers bring their own face coverings, and wear them when collecting tickets.
- A maximum of two customers are permitted in the office at any one time to maintain social distancing.
- We ask that only one member of your group presents themselves in our office when collecting tickets. If you are in our Rossaveel office, you will be given full instructions on where to queue to board our ferry. Please bring rain gear as you may have to queue outside.
- Hand sanitizer is available in our offices and all customers will be encouraged to sanitize their hands.
- All counters and touch-points (door handles, switches, computer keyboards, mouse, telephones) in our offices will be regularly disinfected.
- Please observe social distancing protocols, hand hygiene and coughing etiquette in our offices.
- We have reduced capacity on each ferry to allow for social distancing.
- Face coverings are compulsory on board and must be worn at all times. We recommend passengers bring their own face coverings. Regular spot checks will be carried out by the Gardaí, the HSE and senior management to ensure compliance.
- Please note, the recommended social distancing guidelines may not always be possible to implement. Face coverings are mandatory to protect all passengers on board.
- Hand sanitizer and anti-bacterial soap are available on board. All passengers will be directed towards a hand sanitizer station and required to use hand sanitizer before boarding.
- We ask that you follow the instructions of our crew at all times.
- Please remain in your seat at all times. If you require assistance, let the crew know.
- We would advise you to use the toilet before boarding and if at all possible, that you do not use the toilets on board in order to keep any possible risks to a minimum. Toilets are available in the terminal building.
- Please observe social distancing protocols, hand hygiene and coughing etiquette throughout the duration of your journey.
- Signage on board will serve to reiterate and remind passengers of our safety guidelines.
- We ask that everyone on board remember they have a duty of care to their fellow passengers.
- Maintain physical distancing on the pier.
- Please adhere to one-way systems operating on the pier.
- Please comply with advisory signage and any other directions given by staff.
Prepare for a Warm Welcome
Prepare for a warm welcome on board our ferries; we can’t wait to see you again, and wish you a pleasant time on the Aran Islands.
Best wishes from the O'Brien family, and all of the team at Aran Island Ferries.
If you have any questions regarding our Safety Charter, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 091 568903